"My love of India led me to the travel industry."
My first trip to India over 10 years ago really instilled in me a deep passion for the sub-continent which keeps on drawing me back again and again.
It’s my love of India and globetrotting in general that led me into the travel industry in 2009. Working here at Scott Dunn has allowed me to indulge my love for discovering small boutique properties, which are anything but mainstream, and also indulge in my near obsession with world cuisines.
I dislike identikit international hotels. I love properties that offer out of the ordinary experiences – which is what Scott Dunn does best.
Favourite places I’ve been
India – colourful, populated, friendly, spicy, diverse
The Maldives – luxurious, exclusive, relaxing, isolated, stunning
Tunisia – ancient, imperial, eclectic, warm, charming
Morocco – aromatic, stimulating, bustling, traditional, atmospheric
01. Avon ‘Skin so Soft’ has worked wonders for me as a great alternative to DEET whilst in countries with mosquitoes.
02. In Delhi, try Khan Market for a great cross-section of shopping or consult the excellent range Love India Guides (which we send to you when you book) The have some great insider knowledge.
03. Try to incorporate some countryside experiences into a North India itinerary - your encounters here will stay with you forever!
04. Add some variation to a Maldives itinerary by staying on more than one island.
05. A game experience in central India is not just about spotting elusive tigers – your naturalist has a wide knowledge of other wildlife and plant species that can be fascinating to concentrate on.
My hot picks
01. Mihir Garh – this sand fort on the edge of the desert wowed me. Its location way off the beaten track also makes it the perfect retreat for those looking for a unique and romantic experience in Rajasthan.
02. Banjaar Tola –the style and set-up of this camp in Kanha National Park was outstanding. The camp is real luxury at the edge of the jungle. I ate some delicious, amazingly authentic food here. The naturalists were faultless and enthusiastic and I managed to see a cross-section of different wildlife.
03. Huvafen Fushi – a relaxed and stylish island with great food, a good house reef and some delightful staff who went out the way to make my stay special.
What my guests have said
"Thank you Emma and [Scott Dunn] for extremely professional service."
"Very efficient and competent as usual!"
"I have really appreciated your high quality of service and attention concerning our trip. I understand why my colleagues have used Scott Dunn for their family vacations and recommend them - you have been outstanding and really one of the best travel consultants I have talked to. Thank you for your help, we will think of you and Scott Dunn for our next trip. "
"Thank you for arranging our Maldives trip. It was such a pleasure and joy, a cut off from reality. We had a fab time. Thank you once again."
"Emma was amazing. She understood our needs and was available and more than willing to spend time with us to delve into our options for the big choices for the holiday. On top of that she was great in advising on and arranging a 40th birthday dinner and spa treatment."
"Emma Neale was our consultant and she was totally brilliant - she understood exactly what we wanted out of this very special long awaited trip and she delivered on absolutely every level. A huge thanks to her and to your company for actually getting the consultants out there so that they really can help make decisions and give in depth advice - it made all the difference! It was one of the best holidays we have ever had."