I joined Scott Dunn in 2007 and have spent most of my time heading up our Oceans and Islands team, however, I have most recently been involved in launching our fantastic new North America programme and am now working on expanding this exciting new area to offer our guests some fantastic new adventures. Canada has been a real passion of mine for many years, it is such a diverse country and offers something for everyone. One of my favourite places in the world is the west coast of Vancouver Island with its wild and wonderful beaches, exhilarating winter storms, black bear viewing and whale watching. In complete contrast, Quebec City is also a wonderful place to visit with its strong French influences and historic streets, it's just as enchanting in the summer sunshine as it is during the spectacular "Carnivale" that takes place in snowy February.
I recently returned from Florida where I found some fantastic new places for our guests to enjoy. Favourite place so far has to be the beaches in Naples, powder white sands that just go on and on and on….
Some of my favourite places
Wickaninnish Inn – surely the most romantic spot I’ve ever been to
Siwash Lake Ranch – authentic working Canadian ranch with a warm welcome
Hotel Sacacomie – stunningly set log cabin in Quebec’s spectacular forests
Moraine Lake Lodge – location, location, location…
Takhini River Lodge – watch the Northern Lights from your bed
Ritz Carlton Naples – fantastic family hotel on an amazing beach
Little Palm Island – romantic escape from it all island in the Florida Keys
01. Nimmo Bay is one of the most exclusive wilderness retreats in Canada. Where else can you head out to lunch on a local glacier by helicopter?
02. Takhini River Lodge offers one of the best spots in Canada for Northern Lights viewing. It even offers one bedroom with a skylight opening up to the spectacular aurora.
03. The Breakers Hotel in Florida’s Palm Beach was built years before the town itself existed and was once used as a safe haven for bootleggers bringing illegal alcohol into the area.
My hot picks
01. Hotel Sacacomie is open year round and offers a unique giant log cabin setting on a beautiful lake which is perfect for families. Some of their fantastic on site activities include a bear and beaver walk, story telling in teepees, horse riding, dog sledding and ATV driving as well as a divine wellness centre with spectacularly set hot pools.
02. Auberge St Antoine in beautiful Quebec City has been carefully and sympathetically renovated to offer a modern and comfortable hotel with a twist. It houses a living breathing museum within its walls, with artefacts from centuries gone by beautifully displayed within its common areas. This is a great base for a winter getaway in particular. Go for February’s Carnivale when the city comes alive with winter themed events including a famous ice sculpture competition.
03. Clayoquat Wilderness Resort in British Columbia offers the ultimate luxury wilderness experience. Be enveloped in your comfortable safari style tent after a day kayaking, bear watching, fishing, horse riding or simply being pampered in their wellness spa. Dine on the freshest local produce and freshly caught fish…maybe even caught by you!
What my guests have said
“Anna was really helpful throughout. After a brief conversation she understood exactly our requirements. The first longhaul proper holiday with our 1 year old twins and we had a great time. We even managed to return quite rested!”
"Anna. You were fab! You were extremely helpful when we were undecided as to whether to travel to Antigua in the light of recent events. The weather was great until the last day. Perfect!"
"Anna was exceedingly helpful and patient – given the amount of questions and changes I make!"
"Thanks so much for all your brilliant assistance and patience when we booked our Bahamas trip with you. We really had a lovely time and it was so relaxing. We will definitely be coming back to you in the future!"
"Nothing was too much trouble for Anna – a vastly better experience than with other agents."
"Always a pleasure to deal with Anna Northeast”
"Anna is very helpful, patient, knowledgeable and we can’t thank her enough for introducing us to such a wonderful island and fantastic boutique resorts."